Friday, August 08, 2008

Payback for research activity

Today I had a chat with my boss detailing the findings of some of my research activity and requesting that my report be (with permission from my tutors) used for discussion at Senior Management level. I was encouraged by the degree to which the points raised were apparently inwardly digested and feel that it increases the real meaning of educational research to find such activity contributing actively to the direction my own workplace might take.

This really excites me and, as one of the potential barriers for lack of progress with TEL (from an institutional perspective) is lack of 'push' from leadership, can now see that some real progress might be possible. I will certainly take this forward and with some relish.

My other activity for today has to be clearing my desk of the huge piles of mostly unwanted and frankly unwarranted literature that comes my way. I'm taking some leave from Monday and cannot face the thought of piles of paper facing me when I return. We are working towards use of EDRM and that has to be an improvement ... says she who has printed out all the research papers needed for her report LoL!

I'm taking my report on holiday with me ... talk about beyond the call of duty and am terrified that I'll forget something. I've taken a data stick copy of my files and will take a box of paper and my laptop but am still feeling that the forgetting gremlins will get me somehow. I'm not sure how I can carry on writing this journal either. I will have a go ... honestly Gale .. but it will be difficult to sustain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home